Our Michigan nursing home abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. handle cases involving physical abuse in hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Michigan. One type of nursing home neglect that is all too common is the physical abuse of nursing home residents. These despicable acts cause great harm to the residents and give rise to substantial nursing home lawsuits. A resident who is physically abuse does have legal rights under Michigan law.
Common Acts of Physical Abuse of Residents in Michigan Nursing Homes
Physical abuse can include a number of different acts, however the most common acts of physical abuse found in Michigan nursing homes include:
- Unreasonable confinement, involuntary seclusion
- Deliberate infliction of pain intended as correction or punishment
- Physical threats
- Use of oral written, or gestured language that willfully includes disparaging or derogatory terms to residents or their families
- Humiliation, harassment, threats or punishment or deprivation
- Sexual abuse, sexual harassment, sexual coercion, or sexual assault, unwelcome touching of a sexual nature, request for sexual favor
- Intentionally withholding food, care, medications, assistance
- Failure to provide goods and services necessary to avoid harm, mental anguish, mental illness
- Separation of a resident from other residents or other confinement against the resident’s will
The staff at nursing homes is held to high standards of care to prevent conceivable harm to their patients. When the staff fails to do this, the nursing home is responsible for the abuse and neglect endured by your loved one.
Contact a Michigan Nursing Abuse Lawyer
If your family member suffers from physical abuse at a Michigan nursing home, call the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our top rated award winning expert Michigan nursing home lawyers immediately! We will represent you and your family in your Michigan nursing home physical abuse case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!