The Michigan nursing home lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. represent victims injured because of a nursing home or assisted living facility’s negligence. In a recent nursing home report card conducted by Families for Better Care, Michigan was unfortunately given an F. This study compiled information through federal and state law violations of the homes, inappropriate staffing levels, and ombudsman complaints to reach a consensus.
In a recent study “Nursing Home Report Cards,” conducted by the Families for Better Care, 98 percent of Michigan’s nursing homes were cited for one or more deficiencies. Additionally, 1 in 2 nursing homes were cited with a severe deficiency, indicating widespread abuse, neglect and mistreatment of residents.
Some of the key findings in thsi report included:
- The highest percentage of nursing homes cited for severe deficiency was facilities located in the State of Michigan.
- Almsot every Michigan nursing home was issued a deficiency for violating federal or state laws.
- An above average rating was not achieved by any nursing home in Michgian.
- A contributing factor to the state’s failing report card is due to Michigan’s mediocre staffing levels.
- Michigan’s nursing home care ranks near the bottom in the Great Lakes Region, scoring the region’s lowest grades in percentage of facilities with deficiencies and severe deficiencies.
To view Michigan’s 2013 Nursing Home Report card visit http://nursinghomereportcards.com/state/mi/
Our Michigan nursing home lawyers have significant experience when it comes to filing a Michigan nursing home bed sore lawsuit on behalf of an injured patient or resident and their family. The personal injury law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. has represented nursing home victims and their families for over 40 years throughout the State of Michigan, and has the knowledge, expertise, and experience in handling these types of cases.
Individuals who want to sue a nursing home or assisted living facility should contact the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. law firm for Michigan nursing home neglect & abuse cases. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced nursing home lawyers about your case. We will start working on your case immediately, gathering all the evidence and witness statement to prove and win your case.