The nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are filing lawsuits for victims injured in a Michigan nursing home and residential care facilities. At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. our Michigan nursing home abuse and neglect lawyers have significant experience in these types of cases and have been practicing law for over 50 years. We have a track record of obtaining sizeable Michigan nursing home abuse and neglect settlements and jury verdicts for our injured clients and providing the best service possible.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. In fact, when a patient suffers from significant injuries or is killed due to the fact that they were treated improperly or not overseen, this is considered negligence, and the patient and his or her family may have the legal right to pursue a Michigan nursing home lawsuit against the facility.
Common factors that cause nursing home injuries and death and are a result of neglect include:
- Staff not properly trained or experienced in the field
- Debris on the floor or wet spots caused by spills or leaks that cause a patient to slip and fall
- Inattentive or untrained staff who do not remember or know how to check on residents
- Inappropriate dosing of medications provided by untrained medical staff
- Staff does not turn a patient in bed or wheelchair resulting in bedsores or pressure sores