Sacral Pressure Ulcers & Sacrum Sores In Michigan Nursing Homes
Buckfire & Buckfire P.C’s Michigan sacral pressure sore nursing home attorneys often represent victims of nursing home neglect with seeking lawsuit for nursing homes neglect. These lawsuits are brought against the nursing home because they let a resident sustain a sacral pressure ulcer or sore while in their care. While many residents are at risk for sacral pressures ulcers or sores, these are completely preventable with proper care, treatment, and monitoring. When these ulcers or sores do occur, the resident can file a lawsuit against the nursing home.
Sacral Pressure Ulcers are caused by extended pressure on an area of the body. These sores commonly develop among the sick, elderly, disabled, and others who have difficultly moving themselves. The pressure from prolonged amount of time sitting or lying in the same position begins to cut off the supply of blood to an area of the body.
How Can Nursing Homes Prevent Sacral Pressure Ulcers & Sacrum Sores?
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Try to assure adequate nutrition and hydration
- Evaluate and manage urinary and fecal incontinence
- Position to alleviate pressure over boney prominences and shearing forces over the heels and elbows, base of head and ears
- Try to reposition every two hours when in bed and every hours when in a chair
- Use appropriate positioning devices and foam padding; do not use donut-shaped devices.
- Try and avoid placing the patient on his or her trochanters or directly on the wound.
- Maintain the lowest head elevation possible.
- Use lifting devices such as draw sheets or a trapeze.
- Try to prevent contractures.
- Do not massage reddened areas over bony prominences.
Sue Michigan Nursing Home For Patient Neglect
Patients who suffer pressure ulcers at a nursing home or in other medical care facilities do have legal rights. These injuries and conditions are completely preventable with proper nursing practices and medical supervision. Victims, or their family members, should contact our office immediately to discuss their case! Call our office now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan nursing home neglect lawyers about your case. We will represent you under our No Fee Promise, meaning you do not pay any legal fees until we win or settle your case.
Our Michigan Sacral Pressure Ulcer & Sacrum Sore Attorney Will Fight For You!
If your family member suffered from a sacral pressure ulcer or sore due to the Michigan nursing homes failure to manage the situation, contact the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. office now at (800) 606-1717. Our experienced expert nursing home lawyers specialize in these types of cases and have a successful track record of obtaining sizeable settlements against Michigan nursing homes for their failure to properly manage and prevent sacral pressure ulcers and sores to residents. Call today for your free consultation and to learn your legal rights! We will start working on your case immediately gathering all the evidence and witness statements to prove and win your case.